East Campus News
Million Page Read Challenge
Sturgis students, faculty, and administrators are challenged to read 1,000,000 pages during the 2015-16 school year!!
Your SUMMER READING counts!!
StormWatch, the Sturgis East Student Newspaper
Fall Driver Education Class for Sturgis East and West
Nov 30- Dec 11
Classes held in the Annex study hall- M-F 3:15- 6:15 daily.
Professional Driving School will transport West students to the Annex.
- All students need to be 15 yrs/9mos by class date
- We will need a minimum of 15 students to hold class.
- Students may enroll online at http://www.professionaldrivinginc.com or call the Professional Driving School (508-790-1234) to sign up and get any financial information. Identify if you are from East or West.
You may also call/email me with general questions.
Tom Fink 508-888-7870 email@example.com
US News and World Report
US News and World Report recently announced the Best High Schools Ranking for 2015. Sturgis received a gold medal and is ranked #1 high school in MA, #6 charter school in US, and #32 high school in US.
The U.S. News rankings include data on more than 21,000 public high schools in 50 states and the District of Columbia. Schools were awarded gold, silver or bronze medals based on their performance on state assessments and how well they prepare students for college.
Congratulations to Sturgis faculty and students for achieving this recognition of excellence!
For more information, see: US News Best High Schools in Massachusetts 2015
The Washington Post once again recognizes Sturgis as the #1 school in MA, and also #4 in the Northeast, and # 84 in the U.S.
This marks the 8th straight year that Sturgis has been ranked one of the top schools in the U.S. by the Washington Post.
NEW Executive Director Appointment to Begin July, 2016Link to Facebook page article
Link to Cape Cod Times article
Massachusetts Laws, Instructions and Forms for obtaining a student work permit can be downloaded HERE.
The CurrentSturgis is proud to announce the completion of the fall issue of The Current. Student editors have been hard at work compiling student and faculty art, photography, and writing into 32 pages of creativity! Check out our arts magazine in the library or the front office. Buy a copy for just a dollar at lunch in front of the main stairwell. Read all submissions artwork, writing, and photography on our blog: sturgiscurrent.blogspot.com!
Sturgis is traveling to Sicily, Italy in April 2016 with Travel for Teens. Explore an ancient Greek theatre overlooking the sea, swim in the sparkling blue Mediterranean and complete a meaningful community service activity. Learn more at: http://www.tftschooltrips.com/scps2016
Tour to England
There will be an EF science and innovation trip to England for April break of 2016.
See link to the tour website: http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1662633XF
Trip to Ecuador
Sturgis is proud to offer students the adventure of a lifetime with a World Challenge expedition to Ecuador in 2016! We hope to see you tomorrow at our Parents’ Night so you can learn more about this unique student-led expedition.
By managing important aspects of the trip, students gain life skills such as leadership, decision making, and team work – skills which aren’t easily taught in the classroom.
- DATE: Wednesday, September 16
- TIME: 7 pm
- LOCATION: Sturgis West Atriu
New text/email reminder system:
We are piloting a new service, remind.com. This allows us to send text reminders to you about events at Sturgis East. This system will not replace our current method of weekly emails home. It will be used for more specific messages such as "School Photo Day- Thursday, Sept. 25". The system will not show actual phone numbers and can't be used for one-on-one communication. If you would like to receive such texts from the main office, please follow the link below to join:
You will be asked to select phone (must be cell phone), smartphone app or email address to receive messages on.
Student Insurance Available
Register online at www.Student Insurance-kk.com or pick up a registration form at the main office.
Support Sturgis by Registering your Stop&Shop Card
Every time you shop, you can be earning money for the school. Click HERE for more information.
- Please check the P&B website and the CCRT website for routes, time and costs.
- This year all Cape Cod Transit buses will again be available to our students. Please be aware that there are CCRTA buses available from Bourne and Sandwich and the Sagamore Park & Ride. You can find further information at www.capecodrta.org. They will be posting their fall schedule shortly. In the meantime, on Sept. 2,3,and 4 CCRT will provide the following additional service:
- Sealine - 7:20 AM at Mashpee Commons
- Bourne Run - 7:09 AM at Route 151 & Route 28A
- Sandwich Line – 7:20 AM at Stop & Shop/Quaker Meetinghouse Road
- Bus schedules may change after Labor Day. Barnstable students, if you have not filled out an application for a bus pass, please go to 845 Falmouth Road to do so.
Schedule for Plymouth Brockton Buses
View schedule HERE. NOTE: The fall schedule starts on Sept. 8.
Public transportation to Sturgis via CCRTA
Click HERE for student pass details.
List of routes is available at http://www.capecodrta.org/