West Campus News
Half Day for Sturgis Students
Friday, October 9th is a half day for Sturgis students. Dismissal is at 11:45. Students that ride the CCRT will need to walk to the Transportation Center to get their buses. However, the First Students buses (yellow school buses) will pick up students at dismissal time.
There will be no school on Monday, October 12
in observance of Columbus Day.
Million Page Read Challenge
Sturgis students, faculty, and administrators are challenged to read 1,000,000 pages during the 2015-16 school year!!
Your SUMMER READING counts!!
Sturgis Yearbook 2015/2016
Yearbooks are on sale now!
To order yours, please use THIS LINK.
Please use THIS LINK to upload your senior portrait for the 2016 Yearbook
The deadline for submission is November 25, 2015.
Questions? Please contact: Jolanda Ferguson, Yearbook Adviser
Fall Driver Education Class for Sturgis East and West
Nov 30- Dec 11
Classes held in the Annex study hall- M-F 3:15- 6:15 daily.
Professional Driving School will transport West students to the Annex.
- All students need to be 15 yrs/9mos by class date
- We will need a minimum of 15 students to hold class.
- Students may enroll online at http://www.professionaldrivinginc.com or call the Professional Driving School (508-790-1234) to sign up and get any financial information. Identify if you are from East or West.
You may also call/email me with general questions.
Tom Fink 508-888-7870 email@example.com
US News and World Report
US News and World Report recently announced the Best High Schools Ranking for 2015. Sturgis received a gold medal and is ranked #1 high school in MA, #6 charter school in US, and #32 high school in US.
The U.S. News rankings include data on more than 21,000 public high schools in 50 states and the District of Columbia. Schools were awarded gold, silver or bronze medals based on their performance on state assessments and how well they prepare students for college.
Congratulations to Sturgis faculty and students for achieving this recognition of excellence!
For more information, see: US News Best High Schools in Massachusetts 2015
The Washington Post once again recognizes Sturgis as the #1 school in MA, and also #4 in the Northeast, and # 84 in the U.S.
This marks the 8th straight year that Sturgis has been ranked one of the top schools in the U.S. by the Washington Post.
Sturgis West Student Parking Permit Protocol
NEW Executive Director Appointment to Begin July, 2016Link to Facebook page article
Link to Cape Cod Times article
Sturgis is traveling to Sicily, Italy in April 2016 with Travel for Teens. Explore an ancient Greek theatre overlooking the sea, swim in the sparkling blue Mediterranean and complete a meaningful community service activity. Learn more at: http://www.tftschooltrips.com/scps2016
Tour to England
There will be an EF science and innovation trip to England for April break of 2016.
See link to the tour website: http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1662633XF
Massachusetts Laws, Instructions and Forms for obtaining a student work permit can be downloaded HERE.
Sturgis is proud to announce the completion of the fall issue of The Current. Student editors have been hard at work compiling student and faculty art, photography, and writing into 32 pages of creativity! Check out our arts magazine in the library or the front office. Buy a copy for just a dollar at lunch in front of the main stairwell. Read all submissions artwork, writing, and photography on our blog: sturgiscurrent.blogspot.com!
New text/email reminder system:
We are piloting a new service, remind.com. This allows us to send text reminders to you about events at Sturgis West. This system will not replace our current method of weekly emails home.The system will not show actual phone numbers and can't be used for one-on-one communication. If you would like to receive such texts from the main office, please CLICK HERE.
Student Insurance AvailableRegister online at www.Student Insurance-kk.com or pick up a registration form at the main office.
Video of Sturgis West Grand Opening
Studio G Architects interviews Sturgis students, parents and faculty members during the ribbon cutting celebration on September 15, 2012.
Click here to see the video.
For additional information and photographs of the construction of Sturgis West, see:
- Please check the P&B website and the CCRT website for routes, time and costs.
- This year all Cape Cod Transit buses will again be available to our students. Please be aware that there are CCRTA buses available from Bourne and Sandwich and the Sagamore Park & Ride. You can find further information at www.capecodrta.org. They will be posting their fall schedule shortly. In the meantime, on Sept. 2,3,and 4 CCRT will provide the following additional service:
- Sealine - 7:20 AM at Mashpee Commons
- Bourne Run - 7:09 AM at Route 151 & Route 28A
- Sandwich Line – 7:20 AM at Stop & Shop/Quaker Meetinghouse Road
- Please be aware that last year’s student cards have expired.
Cards must be reactivated at the Hyannis Transportation Center.
- Bus schedules may change after Labor Day. Barnstable students, if you have not filled out an application for a bus pass, please go to 845 Falmouth Road to do so.
Schedule for Plymouth Brockton Buses
View schedule HERE. NOTE: The fall schedule starts on Sept. 2.
Public transportation to Sturgis via CCRTA
Click HERE for student pass details.
List of routes available at http://www.capecodrta.org/
After school sports contactsPlease contact Athletic Director, Brij Anand with questions.