Sturgis Athletic Parent-Student Handbook
Sturgis West Athletic Director: Brij AnandSturgis East Athletic Director: Aaron Crowell
Dear Parents and Students,
Thank you for taking an interest in the athletic program at Sturgis Charter School. Athletics has general policies and procedures that we would like you to be aware of. Please take the time to read through the material and if you have any questions please contact the athletic office.
- Current Physical Form. This is valid for 13 months from date of examination.
- Impact concussion baseline. Test competed every two years.
- Permission slip for the season signed by parent / guardian.
- Participant user fee $100. A check payable to Sturgis Charter School or cash in an envelope In both cases add the child's first and last name as well as the sport they will be participating in.
- An up to-date physical on file with the school nurse.
Where paperwork is not submitted a participant may be ineligibly to practice or play.
Academic Eligibility: MIAA Rule 58.1: A student must secure a passing grade, and full credit, in the equivalent of four traditional year long major English Courses.
It is not a violation for a student to be in possession of a legally defined drug specifically prescribed for the student’s own use by his/her doctor.
Hazing is defined as any conduct or method of initiation into any student organization that willfully or recklessly endangers the physical or mental health of any student or person. Hazing is a crime. Any instances of hazing and the organizers or participants of hazing will be reported to the police.
Bullying is defined as the repeated use by one or more students of a written, verbal, or electronic expression or a physical act or gesture or any combination thereof, directed at a victim that: i.Causes physical or emotional harm to the victim. ii. Places the victim in reasonable fear of harm to himself/herself. iii. Creates a hostile environment at school for the victim. iv. Infringes on the rights of the victim at school; or v. materially and substantially disrupts the education process or the orderly operation of a school.
None of the above behaviors will be tolerated at any time.
- For a student to self drive to a practice / game they must complete a waiver form found at this link.
- Unless self driving / walking all students must travel to practices / games on the arranged team bus unless given permission from their coach or the Director of Athletics.
- When walking to a venue students must stick to the approved route and walk in twos or more, never alone.
- Please be prompt when picking up your son or daughter from practice or a game.
- Coaches will remain with athletes until they are collected by a parent.
- Repeated late pick ups of athletes may result in athlete’s temporary suspension from team events.
Special Offer for Sturgis East Sportswear:Click the image below to shop the site.